Tuesday, June 10, 2014

" Nobody's Perfect "

Hi folks
Probably you all wondering what is the theme of this post.
Well i guess this is about time i show you guys other post not related with reviewing product but more on personal side.

With title like this i just wanna share a story about my struggling with acne.
Back in 2013, i just started to know what makeup is and i was very exciting to try all about it.
I used makeup a lot and even train myself at home to put a proper makeup for myself.
There weren't a time that i will not use makeup.
And then the bad thing start to strike
My face is not what i used to remember anymore
A lot of breakout happen and i wasn't that girl who is supposed to be acne free anymore
( i never struggle with acne even in my puberty years, just hormonal acne when pms )
My mom is the one who very shock about it. 
To be honest she is very angry with me and often questioning me what did i do to my face to make it like this.


It was the worst nightmare that ever happen to me.
I cry a lot when i see my face and wondering what is happening to me.
I very panic with the situation, i even go to dermatologist to help me but nothing is working out.
In the end it just worsen everything.
My trip to dermatologist didn't do anything good to me.
I just go for one time and using the medication one time only then i throw it all.
i try to gather myself and think clearly what should i do and there was this time i finally realize what is wrong with me.
This happen because i don't have enough knowledge about makeup and especially in how to clean them properly from my face.
So then i start to change everything.
First thing i found out is, when you struggle with acne do not ever go facial your face !!!
It just make things worst !!!
Then i start changing my lifestyle and my skincare product.

And now, i'm still not the girl with a perfect clean face
But well, now no more breakout happens !!! (but there still some scars from the previous acne)

So the point of this post are actually i wanna share some tips with you guys who probably have the same problem that happening to me too.
So the tips are :

1. Don't think about your problem too much (be positive)

Well the first tip is actually the hardest one.
When i struggle with acne, there were no single time i wouldn't see my face in the mirror and cry about it.
Trust me, it's not gonna change everything just by crying.
That's why you need to give yourself a positive mindset.
What i used to do is, i was telling myself that my face will eventually get better and i need to focus on how i can do that.

2. Find the source of the breakout

This is what you really need to stop the breakout.
In my case, my breakout started cause i don't clean them properly
That's why now i practice the double cleanse method.
I used to just clean my full makeup face just with face wipes but not anymore now.
I'm currently using bioderma for my first step cleansing and the cleanse for the second time with facial foam.
It might be not a very convenient way but trust me your face will thank you later.

3. Change your lifestyle

It's true that your lifestyle could be the main problem when it comes to acne (unless it's hormonal)
Stress, eating lots of fried foods, or dehydration are one of those many possible reason for breaking out.
I used to stressed about my face and it doesn't do me any good at all (that's why i say point 1 is very crucial).
Start by changing small things in your life, like try drinking more water, cut out fried foods and dairy product, eat a lot of veggies and fruits, and start working out (it's good for reduce stress).
It might not give an instant result but it will work :). 
One tip i find really work is try give your face one day free of all makeup.
Let your skin breath ^.^

4. Use proper skincare

Well struggling with acne doesn't mean you don't need to use your skincare anymore.
Acne needs extra care in my opinion.
But keep this in mind, some skincare could be the cause of your breaking out too.
That's why you need to find the proper skincare that works for you but will not causing you to break out.
First, you need to know what type is your skin.
Mine is oily combination, in that case i always try to find skincare that usually non oily base.
Even if you have oily skin doesn't mean you don't have to moisturize.
Moisturize is the key (remember at point 3 where i said the dehydration can cause acne problem too).
Try finding a moisturizer that is water base or oil free.
Another tips is don't layering too much skincare at once, it will clog your pores and start making you breakout.
Give your skincare time to absorb into the skin first and you can start layering them with another.
(like use serum first and wait till it dry then you can put on your moisturizer).
In my opinion, try use minimal skincare when you struggling with acne
Just to make sure too if your skincare workout for you or not :).


And for the last i think you should embrace yourself and always set your mind to be at ease with your condition.
Healing progress is not gonna be instant.
It tooks me 8 months to finally not breaking out again.
You have to be patient about it.
One thing you should remember, no one is perfect.
We all have our own flaw, but it doesn't mean you have to be embarrassed about it.
Just try to stay focus and if you do want to get better then start to change.
Sometimes change could be good :).


xoxo
♥ Anita








No comments:

Post a Comment